The Global IoT Summit (GIoTS)
Geneva this June will become the global IoT capital, hosting GIoTS, the first Global IoT Summit, and the International IoT Week conference!
The Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) is bringing cutting edge research and innovation results. This IEEE endorsed event is a unique opportunity for sharing results, meeting top researchers and learning about the latest developments in the Internet of Things domain.
The agenda of the Global IoT Summit will include large sessions and workshops on the novel IoT topics such as:
• IoT Security & Privacy
• 5G IoT Large Scale Pilots*
• IoT enabling technologies
• Edge computing for the IoT
• IPv6-based IoT Deployment Around the World**
• IPv6 network and connectivity
• IoT Applications, services and real implementations
• Internet of Things for Active and Assisted Living
• Energy Efficient Solutions based on IoT
*This session will address the development of large scale IoT and 5G pilots as showcases to be best practices for real deployment of IoT and 5G in different scenarios and vertical implementations.
**”IPv6-based IoT Deployment Around the World” session will outline the deployment efforts of IPv6-based IoT research and best practices. This session will try to harmonize and draw a common roadmap for deployment of IoT networking capabilities and architectural definitions to make sure Internet of Things are scalable, inclusive of several communication media, secure, future proof and viable for businesses and end-users.
The session will gather speakers from five continents:
• Dr. Sures Ramadass (Chair, IPv6 Forum Malaysia) will speak about the Asia perspective
• Geoff Mulligan (Founder & President at IPSO Alliance) will present the North American Perspective
• Chris Uwaje (Vice-Chair, Nigeria IPv6 Council, CEO of Mobile Software) will speak about the African Perspective
• Rosa Delgado (Chair, Peru IPv6 Council) will outline the Latin American Perspective
• Yanick Pouffary (Chair, IPv6 Ready and Enable Program, Vice Chair ETSI IP6 ISG) will present the European Perspective
Session Chair is Latif Ladid, President of IPv6 Forum and Chair of IEEE IoT subcommittee.
View full GIoTS agenda!
The GIoTS conference will gather some of the most relevant experts in the field that will share their hands-on experience with the participants, including:
-Latif Ladid, President, IPv6 Forum
-Sebastien Ziegler, President, IoT Forum
-Geoff Mulligan, President, LoRa Alliance
-Antonio Skarmeta, Professor, University of Murcia; Vice-Chair of IEEE IoT TsC
-Patrick Wetterwald, Cisco and Former President, IPSO Alliance
-Joe Klein, President & CTO, DISRUPT6
-Eric Vyncke, Distinguished Engineer based in the Brussels office of Cisco Systems
-Marianne Janik, General Manager, Microsoft Switzerland
-Jan Camenisch, Principal Research Staff Member at IBM Research
-Sureswaran Ramadass, Prof. International University of Malaya Wales
-Ciprian Popoviciu, President & CEO, Nephos6
Please note: GIoTS registration includes a pass to the IoT Week sessions.